Monday, July 28, 2014

Mara - Boots

On Saturday I went to my local thrift store, looking for buckles for Jedi belts. As I was pursuing the racks of shoes and purses looking for interesting buckles, I spied a pair of rich dark brown leather boots with a low heel, round toe, and inside zipper. They looked like they had been worn only once or twice.

I got over my surprise at finding such a quality item and tried them on. Surprise turned to shock when they actually fit! My shoe size is 8 1/2 WIDE. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find cute shoes in a wide width? Especially when one believes that her shoes should look like this:


But I digress. I found these boots. They were $16.26. I bought them. I have Jedi boots. Done.


(I think I am going to find some skinny pants to wear with my costume and attach stirrups to the cuffs to keep them smooth. I hate it when my pants bunch up around the top of my shoes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved by the moderator.