Saturday, July 26, 2014

Arix - Pants & Tunic

Here is the start of Arix's costume. His pants are the same as Jax's pants. They are just 1 1/2" shorter and I did better about making the elastic more snug. I love this weavers cloth. It looks so nice. It also feels pretty sturdy. I'm thinking of using it for something for myself one day. I have no idea what, but something. The inner tunic is a brown T-shirt he loves and has had for a long time.


The outer tunic is also much like Jax's tunic. I shortened the pattern in the shoulder, waist and side seams and redrew it. I left the sleeves the same. Jedi sleeves are pretty generous (and I didn't want to try redrawing those curves). I think they look really good.

I tried it without the side slits. Not only was it difficult for Arix to walk and sit, but also it was harder for him to get it on and off! I ripped out the side seams up to three inches below the waist line (about the top of his hip) and put in slits. Problem solved.

These pictures were taken during his one and only fitting, so the edges were not hemmed and the snap on the front was not sewn on. So you will just have to trust me when I say that they are hemmed now and the front of the tunic snaps shut. He looks great in it. :)


The only big difference between Jax's tunic and Arix's tunic is this one is fully lined since the papyrus cotton gauze is so light. I didn't want the brown T-shirt showing through. It is also good practice for mine and Dash's tunics since they will most likely be lined. I think it looks really nice and I am rather proud of it.

What I learned:
  1. Fully lined tunics look awesome.
  2. Side slits are essential for pull-over type tunics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved by the moderator.