Friday, August 28, 2015

RotJ Luke

So I made my Formal Jedi (love it!), but Dash doesn't have anything to wear that compliments it. He likes Han Solo (who can blame him), but there is nothing formal about the roguish smuggler. I considered a black Imperial officer uniform with a Victorian bent, but I couldn't resolve the idea of an Imperial officer taking a Jedi to a party as his plus one. Finally inspiration struck. George resolved my problem for me thirty-two years ago when Luke Skywalker's costume design for Return of the Jedi was based on the Imperial uniform. Eureka.

And so I have resolved to make a Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker costume for Dash. Rebel Legion costume standard here.


We already got the boots from Todd's Costumes. They were a bit pricey, but I love them. They are gorgeous and are actually tall enough for Dash's legs. They come all the way up to his knees. A miracle in and of itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved by the moderator.